Take good care of your vehicle tyres and get them checked regularly!
Did you know?
- Only a tiny portion of your car tyre makes contact with the road. Therefore, it is very important to make sure your tyres are regularly maintained. This will keep you safe.
- The pressure and condition of your tyres should be checked regularly to improve control during emergency braking. Do not wait till your next Warrant of Fitness (WOF) check. This will reduce the risk of losing control of your car and improves road holding.
- When you drive across water, there is the risk of aquaplaning, where you essentially glide across. It might sound like fun, but we should leave that to the ski slopes and surfing! Sliding across water in your vehicle may cause you to lose control easily. Make sure your tyres are changed before the tread depth is worn to 1.6mm.
- You should also balance your front and rear tyres regularly. This will prevent premature wear of your tyres and even protect your car's suspension, steering system and bearings!
- Always check the pressure of your car tyres regularly, say at least once a month? Too low a pressure increases the risk of tyre damage while excess presure can reduce the life of your tyre by up to 10,000 kms. The label on the side of your tyre will tell you what is the optimal pressure.
- Ensure that your wheels are correctly aligned to ensure your safety and even save fuel. This will also avoid irregular tyre wear, saving you money in the long run!
Hope this is helpful, feel free to get in touch if we can be of assistance!
20 Stewart Street, Whakatane