Do we offer a car servicing package?
This may come as a surprise but Stewart Motors Whakatane decided to do away with a car service package many years ago. You may ask why? The reason is because included in the car servicing "package" is often a lot of things you don't really need. Some car parts actually could go on for a much longer time. Which means you might be paying extra for something that does not need to be changed yet.
More importantly, the package is often quoted at a low price to get customers through the door. How often have you seen an ad for a car service that says FROM $179, only to see the bill balloon to $300 by the time you are done? This is because a lot of the variable costs, like higher quality engine oil, is not included yet. Cars often need different types of engine oils and also different amounts, depending on the engine. What you see quoted is often for the smallest engine and cheapest oil.
This is a typical car service menu (the higher the "package tier", the more you pay with the average market rate from $180 to $290 for the full works):
- Drain engine oil and replace
- Replace oil filter
- Check and fill brake fluid level
- Check and fill clutch fluid level
- Check and fill radiator coolant level
- Visual check of cooling system including radiator cap and hoses
- Visual check and top up power steering fluid
- Check battery security and top up battery
- Check and top up gearbox/auto transmission fluid level
- Visual check of air filter
- Check tyre condition and tread depth
- Check and adjust tyre pressures
- Top up windscreen washer fluid, test window washer system operation and spray pattern
- Check and assess all wiper blades for performance
- Check windscreen for damage
- Check and test the side, indicator, brake, number plate and reverse lights
- Reset service light/interval where applicable
What we do instead is make sure all the basic necessities are covered. Just let us know what car you are driving and we could give you a reasonable estimate. More importantly, you can either give us permission to go ahead with small changes and we will always check with you before going ahead with anything else major.
Call us at 07-3088670 or visit www.stewartmotors.co.nz to talk to our friendly service advisers. We look forward to seeing you at 20 Stewart Street (near the Whakatane Hospital) soon!